Thursday 8 May 2014

NIGERIA MY COUNTRY

Nigeria, Nigeria
Nigeria my county
They ones called you the giant of Africa
As a child, I basked in the euphoria of love at the sound of her national anthem
Oh! How are the mighty fallen
I heard stories of our armed forces keeping peace in other nations
I heard they called them the Gorilla Army
Who would have thought that a few hundred men would hold us to ransom?
Who are these men and how come they have so much guts?
They had even taken to social media to threaten our great nation
They have caused the sun to blaze at mid-night
Even the most powerful of us now sleep with half an eye closed
Is this what Patrick meant by political higi-haga?
Where days after over 200 girls where abducted another 8 girls got missing
I believe that just like me, these girls had sung the national anthem
They had even said "To serve Nigeria with all my strength"
"To uphold her honor and glory"
Yet my Nigeria stand a confused man.
Where is her honor and glory?
Who is responsible for this great calamity that has befallen us?
The truth need be told
Our leaders need to move from sharing money to saving lives
I am tired of persons coming to put up appearances on national television
We have a president who has veto power
Whose major task right now is to see to our security
I join voices with the rest of the world today to say
Bring back our girls
                                                        
aoanderson@facebook.com

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete